Wednesday 18 February 2015

Slow Progress...


Hallo!

Half of the month is gone and to sum it up, it has been an up&down month. I moved up on stakes once I got more than the 101 Buy-ins, as I had originally planned to do, and so far, this has been kind of a frustrating experience.

Truth is I wasn't expecting a big change in the game since the buy-in difference is so small, but for a start the number of regular players like tripled up, and then, variance has been hitting on me (so fun=D! notK). I’m still positive but to see that ev-line getting higher and higher feels awful. 

Also the regulars are looser than I would have expected, particularly in their calling ranges on the bubble which I’m still trying to adapt. I've been focusing a lot on ICM playing, reading articles and playing with SitNGo Wizard. Actually, I put “Kill Everyone” on pause, I only read part one and highly recommend it if you’re into Mtts, or if you have the interest and time to learn more about it. But right now it is not the reading that will help me the most (I think).

I got a couple days off of work this week and I took the time to play and started six tabling, I felt relatively comfortable but I’m pretty aware that I made mistakes I wouldn't have done if I was grinding less tables. Plus I got my little tilt moments…

I think I’m not really affected by tilt when i get a bad beat or when I do a bad play, maybe a bad word will came out but I’m ok to keep playing. What really gets to me is when the software fails. C’mon! Variance is bad enough as it is, I don’t need the software freezing during sessions!! Especially if I’m multi tabling. Usually it’s HM2 who crashes and by solidarity the poker software freezes. ARGH!!

Anyway here is the graph of my so far experience in the new Sng stake:
Current Bankroll: 643.30$

I’ll also leave you the graph with no filters, since my very first day in this poker room, just so you get to see how much the ev-line loves me. It feels like it took off to the moon and is leaving me down on earth.



That’s all for now, I’ll come back to show how the month went up… GL

2 comments:

  1. Thats a crazy graph considering you've only just started playing hyper turbos if I read that correctly? What stakes are you currently playing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many many thanks for your comment, it makes me feel pretty good about my game =)
    As i said before i'm not new to poker, I've been a recreational (fish?) for some years, but it is the first time i'm taking it serious. As for hyper turbos, well, i really had no previous experience, might have played some times for fun with no idea of what i was doing. I moved to the first Buy-in of low stakes in the beginning of February, i'll write a post soon of how it went last month.

    ReplyDelete