Wednesday 28 January 2015

The Plan

Hello again

So to the game:

Well I decided to make a deposit on the 25tᵗʰ December (Christmas resolutions?) of around 40$.  I started by playing a couple of micro mtt to get a feeling of the field and the game itself, (only a tournament at a time) and that actually led me to a coupe final tables which nicely solidified my bankroll.

Now to the plan:

So though I would say cash nl6max to be my favourite type of the game, I decided to give it a try playing 6max hyper turbo sng instead. There are a couple reasons why I did it, first I think it’s probably better to start a new format of the game since I’m going to start from zero, then I think (not sure if I’m right) it’s easier to study…?

Before I made my decision I gave it a try playing a couple sessions of some variants of the game: cash nl6max, zoom 6max and the 6max hyper turbo sng. One of the things I noticed was that there is a considerable difference in the amount of regulars. And after some research through blogs and forums I came to the conclusion that I have enough information to give it a go in the HT. Katerina289s blog might have been a considerable factor in my decision.

So I made some study, defined my ranges and started playing. After a week of playing this was what my results looked like:



Most of times I get 4 recreational players to 1 regular at a table, most of times recreationals are loose/aggressive, some loose/passive, and the regs are few enough that I can review their game and ranges in the few time I have.

I won’t be putting a lot of volume as I don’t have much time, and I only play 1 or 2 tables at a time depending on how I’m feeling. I must mention that I have a 9 to 5 job and though I’ll try to dedicate around 2 hours a day to game, I won’t be able to do it every day. So my main study goals are:

  • To study at least 30 min before sessions (review some hands, figuring out the regs hand ranges and defining and improving my own ranges).
  •  During sessions mark the hands where I have doubts.
  • In the end of the sessions check those hands in ICMIZER.
  •  Keep reading “Kill Everyone” by Lee Nelson whenever I have a chance and feel like it.



Than my monetary goals would be:

  • To go up in the stakes (I’m currently playing the 3$ HT, I intend to move up when I get 101BB of the next level, and if I need, to move down if I get bellow 80BB of the current level).
  • Reach 1k profit till the end of February.



I know you might say it isn’t right to put a monetary number as a main goal, but truth is I don’t expect to invest much in volume since I don’t have the time for it, which leaves me to putting the best game I can in the few volume I’ll make. I hope variance won’t go too hard on me.



Well that’s all for now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment